Credential: 2-Year Diploma
Delivery: Full time
Program Length: 4 Semesters
Computers and network systems are everywhere: in industry, business, vehicles, law enforcement, laboratories and homes. Computer engineering technicians are needed to support them! This program addresses many applications for computers including business analysis, networking and system security. Computer Engineering Technicians maintain software, systems and networks to improve life for society. This program prepares students to write exams for certifications such as Cisco (CCNA), CCNA Security, Networks +, A+ Certification, Server+ and Linux + Certification.
Northern College graduates are able to develop and maintain networks, systems and programs for both business and industry. Graduates can expect to find employment in the following fields/positions:
January, May, September
The tuition is $15509/year including ancillary fees and medical insurance for international students.
From September 2021, the tuition is $16295/year including ancillary fees and medical insurance for international students.
Tuition fees as stated are subject to change for each academic year.
|Semester 1• CM1903 Communications I – Model A• GN1033 Health and Safety
• IN1104 IT Essentials I
• IN3263 Embedded Programming and Networks
• IN3324 Cisco Networking I
• MA1004 Mathematics of Finance I
|Semester 2• CM2903 Communications II – Model A• IN2104 IT Essentials II
• IN3045 Intermediate Programming I
• IN4324 Cisco Networking II
• MA2033 Mathematics of Finance II
• EL1003 Elective I
• IN2042 E-Business and Web Research
|Semester 3• CM3103 Report Writing I• GN2133 Law and Ethics
• IN2105 Markup Languages
• IN3193 Database Management
• IN3244 Operating Systems I
• IN5324 Cisco Networking III
|Semester 4• ET6073 Voice and Data Cabling• IN2004 Systems Security
• IN4105 Internet Programming
• IN4254 Operating Systems II
• IN6003 Systems Analysis
• IN6324 Cisco Networking IV