Credential Earned: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Delivery: Full Time
Program Length: 2 year
(3 semesters in-class teaching and 1-semester co-op work placement)
Event planning is a unique field requiring a versatile skill-set and education, including elements of business, public relations, social media, technology, critical thinking, culinary knowledge, photography and problem-solving. Aside from being recognized in the field of hospitality and public relations, Event managers are better educated, more sophisticated in terms of the fundamental management skills, and more versatile. Students will learn to develop, co-ordinate and manage a broad range of events, sites and facilities.
This Event Management program will provide students with transferable, practical knowledge and skills in management practices such as planning design, marketing, human resource and volunteer management, sponsorship, catering management, budgeting, risk management and program evaluation.
Graduates can expect to find employment in the following fields/positions:
- Event Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Event Planner
- Conference Planning
- Special Events Associate
- Strategic Events Project Manager
- Conferences Services Manager
- Wedding Planning
January, May, September
The tuition is $15509/year including ancillary fees and medical insurance for international students.
From September 2021, the tuition is $16485/year including ancillary fees and medical insurance for international students.
Tuition fees as stated are subject to change for each academic year.
• Event Planning
• Business Law in Event Management
• E-Marketing for Events
• Event Management
• Corporate Social Responsibility
• Catering for Special Events
• Event Management Finance and Managerial Accounting
• Business Process
• Business Report for Special Events
• Career Planning and Professional Development
• Event Programming
• Event Fundraising
• Risk Management for Events
• Project Management
• Human Resource for Special Events
• Direct Marketing and Sales Promotion
• Work Placement Preparation
• Work Placement – 400 hrs